Search This Blog

Friday, July 7, 2023

Snowfall Takes a Midnight Ride

    Snowfall, a young white wolf with sea green eyes and a fiery mane, was running for home. She had just realized she had accidentally wandered onto the estate of the wicked witch, Vonda Von Hoven. She had seen the results of what had happened to the other members of her pack, who had been caught here by that sadistic witch. Had seen them come howling home, with their bottoms so badly blistered they couldn’t sit on their haunches for the rest of the week.
    She had almost made it to the river that ran along the boundary of the Von Estate Estate, when she heard something swooping down out of the jet black night, like a hungry hawk, and felt herself being snatched up by the base of her tail, high up into the chilly night air. Looking fearfully behind her, she saw she was a prisoner of the very woman she feared the most tonight. Vonda Von Hoven was now flying high above the tree line, on her broom, with Snowfall dangling by her tail, beside her.
    The witch smiled evilly at the werewolf, “Will you dogs never learn? You’re forbidden to hunt on my lands. Why can’t you stay in the woods, where you belong?”
    Snowfall, seeing the trees, so far below, apologized to Vonda, “I’m sorry. I accidentally traveled unto your estate, and was hurrying home as quickly as I could, once I realized I was on forbidden lands.”
    The witch laughed a laugh as cold as the freezing wind, blowing in from the East, “But not nearly quick enough. I can see the filthy cave you curs call a home from here, should I release you now, so you can return there?”
    “Please, don’t kill me,” the white wolf pleaded,  “I promise I’ll never set another paw on your property.”
       Vonda answered the wolf girl disdainfully, “What good is the word of a wolf? You creatures need to learn to obey your betters. And I know the only way to teach you to do that, is forcefully. I believe I need to teach you a lesson tonight, one you’ll never forget. A long, painful lesson. Do you agree with me, that that is the only way you’ll ever learn to follow my rules, my pretty little bitch?”
      Snowfall, her mind flooded with the memories of seeing the crimson, burning bottoms of her sisters who had also been taught a “lesson” by this sinister seer, answered fearfully, “ Yes, Ma’am. You may do with me as you will, but please don’t drop me.”
     “That’s a good girl”, Vonda said, “I’m going to place you across my broom now. But I warn you, if you try to bite me or claw me, when I’m disciplining you, you may fall. To your death.”
   “I’ll behave myself”, the werewolf said, shaking with fear, an emotion that always warmed the cockles of the wicked witch’s cold black heart, “ Why do you tremble so, Girl? Is it from the cold, so high up here in the sky, on a freezing winter night? Well, you’re in luck, then, I’m going to build  you a fire to ward off the winter’s chill. A blazing, blistering hot fire, that will rage for hours. But what shall I use to ignite this blaze?”
     The witch considered her choices, trying to decide what would be the most painful, before a bundle of birches magically appeared in her right hand.
     “Yes, I believe this will do nicely.”


   In the tiny village, resting far below the airborne witch and her prey, a farmer’s wife was trying to awaken her sleeping husband, “Listen, Leland, I hear something most strange.”
    Wiping the sleep from his eyes, the farmer replied sleepily, “ Tis merely a wolf. Howling in the woods. What is so strange about that? We hear those creatures every night.”    
   Walking to the window, the farmer’s wife looked up at the full moon, before replying to that question, “True, my dear husband, most nights we do hear the wolves hunting in yonder woods. But this wolf sounds like it’s flying across the sky.”


No comments:

Post a Comment